Newk's Eatery Brookhaven is our Official Picnic Partner! See our special menu and find out how to place an advance order with Newk's. Pick up your food at the theatre - totally convenient!
One Man, Two Guvnors
One Man, Two Guvnors
Delight in a laugh-out-loud mix of satire, song, slapstick comedy, and biting one-liners. Set in 1960s Brighton, England. Francis Henshall, fired from his skiffle band, becomes separately employed by two men who share more in common than is at first apparent—Francis spots the chance of an extra meal ticket—but to prevent discovery, he must keep his two guvnors apart. Simple, right?
Enjoy a raucous evening of laughter, audience participation, and live music. Young local band The Head are turning the Conant into a rock venue, playing live onstage during the show and performing miniconcerts of their power pop music 30 minutes prior to show time at every performance!
Purchase tickets to One Man, Two Guvnors right here.
Photo: Travis Smith, Aaron Muñoz (photo by Angela Wiggins), & Ann Mairie Gideon. Artwork by BreeAnne Clowdus
One Man, Two Guvnors contains naughty bits and naughty language - parental guidance is encouraged.
Join us before/after the show for the following events, included with your ticket purchase:
- Fountain Talks - every night
- Get the inside scoop on the play during this casual, informative session held on our picnic grounds 40 minutes prior to every performance. Why did the costume designer choose that color? What was the inspiration behind the set and lighting? What was Shakespeare thinking when he wrote that? All of these questions - and more - will be answered by our professional dramaturgs and staff members at each and every performance.
- The Head mini-concert - every night
- Our onstage band begins rocking out 30 minutes before show time. Grab a beverage and a snack and head in early to listen to their sweet stylings!
- Talkbacks - July 12th & 16th
- Audience members are invited to stay after the show and ask questions of the actors, directors, and designers in our upgraded outdoor terrace.
- Cabaret Nights - July 25th & 26th
- Stay after the show as we transform our terrace into the hottest nightclub in town. Members of our company will perform and entertain, while you sit back and enjoy.
Emerging young local band The Head is our onstage band for every performance!
Photo by Valheria Rocha, 2013
Photography: Valheria Rocha 2013
Current Box Office Hours:
Monday through Saturday
10 AM to 6 PM (non show days)
10 AM to 8 PM (show days)
12 Noon to 6 PM
Georgia Shakespeare is proud to be a member of The Shakespeare Theatre Association (STA). For more information visit www.stahome.org.